1. What are the advantages of purchasing a website template?
The major advantage is price: You get a high quality design for just $10-$30. You don't have to hire a web designer or web design studio. Second advantage is time frame: It usually takes 5-15 days for a good designer to produce a web page of such quality.
2. What do I receive when I order a template?
After you complete the payment via our secure form, you will receive a direct download link to one or more .zip files. The .zip files contain the following: PSD file(s), HTML file(s), fonts and sometimes a clipart library.
3. In what formats are your templates available?
Website templates are available in Photoshop and HTML formats. Fonts are included with Photoshop files. In most templates, HTML is compatible with Adobe GoLive, Adobe Dreamweaver and Microsoft FrontPage.
4. May I download a sample template to experiment?
Absolutely. Please visit our Free Templates Section to download template samples.
5. Can I use the free templates on my site?
Yes, you may use the free templates for almost any purpose you wish (except redistribution or resale). And please remember to leave the link to Elegant-Templates.com intact. This is required under our Terms of Service.
6. What am I allowed and not allowed to do with purchased templates?
- Build a website using the template in any way you like.
You may not:
- Resell or redistribute templates (like we do).
- Claim intellectual or exclusive ownership to any of our products, modified or unmodified. All products are property of content providing companies and individuals.
- Make more than one project using the same template (you have to purchase the same template once more in order to make another project with the same design).
7. What is the difference between a unique and non-unique purchase?
This means that other people can buy the template you have chosen at some later time.
A unique purchase (or buyout purchase) guarantees that you are the last person to buy this template from our site. After a unique purchase occurs, the template is permanently removed from the sales directory and will never be available to other customers again. The template may still be available elsewhere, but it will no longer appear for sale on our site.
8. Is it reasonable to make a unique purchase of a template that was already purchased before?
Yes. Because there is a very small chance that you will actually find the design in use on another website. There are several billion webpages online now according to statistics on www.google.com.
9. Is the license a one-time fee payment?
Yes, the payment for your template is a one-time fee without any additional charges. After purchasing you may use the template as many times as you need for one website.
10. Is it possible for me to pay one price and have access to all downloads for a certain amount of time?
Yes. You will create a Full Membership when you order your first template. You may then download your purchased templates anytime you wish, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
11. I would like to make payment by company check. Is that possible?
Please use the PayPal e-check payment option upon checkout. This will transfer money directly from your checking account.
12. Is there any return policy?
Since our company is offering non-tangible goods, we do not issue refunds after the product is downloaded. Please make sure that you've carefully read the 'Software Required' section of the template detail page. We only make exceptions to this rule when the product appears to be not-as-described on a case by case basis. The deadline for any refund claim is one week after the delivery date.
13. I ordered a template but haven't received the download information.
In this case, please contact our Billing Department via the Contact Page.
14. I was billed twice for the same template. I received 2 emails from the merchant.
Please check to see if the charges have different order IDs. If so, please contact our billing department.
15. Is it possible to reactivate my download link if I don't see it in the Full Members area?
Yes. Please contact our billing department and they will reactivate your link.
16. I would like to purchase a template, but it is not available on the site anymore.
The template has been sold for the buyout price. Look for similar templates in our collection!
17. How can I modify a template to suit my particular website?
There are countless ways. Start by searching Google for 'web template tuturoials'. You will find some great free advice from knowledgable web designers.
18. Are your templates Microsoft FrontPage compatible?
Most of templates come with HTML that is compatible with Adobe GoLive, Adobe Dreamweaver and Microsoft Frontpage. Please check the 'Software Required' field on the template detail page.
19. What is Adobe Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop is the world's most popular graphics editing package. You can find more information about Photoshop and download a free trial version at the Adobe website.
20. What software do you recommend for making HTML pages?
We think that Adobe Dreamweaver is the best.
21. How can I modify the Flash portion of my template?
You need to use Adobe Flash to edit the animated part of the template. Please visit the site of the developer: www.adobe.com
22. When I try to open the Flash .fla file, I get the following error: Unexpected file format.
This means that the .fla file is incompatible with your Flash version. Please install the most recent version of Flash to edit this file or get in touch with our support personnel to have the file converted to an appropriate version.
23. Can I edit a Flash template in Swish?
No. Our Flash templates can only be edited with Adobe Flash.
22. Can I use my own pictures on the Flash animated website?
Yes, you can fully customize every template.
24. What is the best place to find photos/images for modification of my template?
We recommend you purchase images from www.gettyimages.com.
25. I was wondering if you could give me the contact info for a particular designer?
Sorry, our corporate policy prohibits direct contact with contractually obliged designers.
26. Is it possible to use your templates to develop websites for my customers?
Yes. It is perfect for designers who want to offer their customers a high-quality design and also save time and money. Keep in mind that when you purchase the template with an ordinary or exclusive license, you are entitled to create only one project (on one domain name). You may not reuse the templates again on another site, or for another client.
27. Can I put low resolution thumbnails of templates on my website for my clients to choose designs?
Yes, of course.